Continuing Professional Development: programmes A-Z
- Audiology short courses (Masters level modules)
- Auditory Assessment and Management
- Vestibular Assessment and Management
- Auditory Science
- Paediatric Audiology
- Biological Basis of Cancer Therapy for Medical and Clinical Oncologists (incorporating FRCR part 1 syllabus)
Course details are now provided by the School of Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- Dental Public Health (MDPH) masters course: individual modules in
- Forensic Academy
Provides high-quality training events and continuing professional development short courses aimed at mental health professionals and staff working in the criminal justice system and allied services
- Glaucoma module (CPD)
- Independent Prescribing (Short Course)
- Informatics for Healthcare Systems: Improving Information for Patient Driven Healthcare (PG Credit; distance learning)
- Liasion Psychiatry (Certificate of attendance)
- Manchester Academy for Healthcare Scientist Education (MAHSE)
Partnership between the University of Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan University and the University of Salford, as well as leading Healthcare Scientists from partner Trusts
- Manchester Radiology Training Scheme (FRCR)
NB: From August 2011: this course is no longer run by The University of Manchester
- Medical Education (MSc/PGDip/PGCert)
- Mental Health Perspectives (PG Credit; Stand Alone Masters Level Modules)
- Medical Mycology (CPD Modules)
- Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work: CPD courses
Includes modules providing opportunities for qualified Nurses, Midwives, Audiologists and other Allied Health Professionals to advance their knowledge and skills for practice
- Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education (CPPE) offers continuing professional development opportunities to all pharmacists and pharmacy technicians providing NHS services in England
- Pharmaceutical Sciences: individual modules can be taken from:
- Psychodynamic Interpersonal Therapy (Certificate of attendance)
An intensive five-day course focusing upon specific aspects of psychodynamic interpersonal therapy
- Public Health / Primary Care: individual modules/units from:
What is Continuing Professional Development (CPD)?
Professional training courses provide the opportunity for individuals working in biomedicine and healthcare to develop their knowledge of the latest methods, techniques and emerging technologies influencing their specialist area. Opportunities span areas as varied as dentistry, psychiatry, radiology and midwifery.
Training delivery tends to be flexible, with the opportunity to select study modules of relevance to an individual career at a time that suits you. The emphasis is on ‘Continuing Professional Development’ (CPD) – modular training that provides mutual benefit to the individual receiving the training as well as their employers.
In certain instances, CPD training can be structured to allow the award of a Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma in order to provide some academic recognition for the training undertaken.